Academy of Technical Sciences from Romania (ASTR) is the national forum of leading figures in the field of engineering, debate and promotion actions through the application of new knowledge to lead the progress of Romanian society. It is autonomous, non-governmental and apolitical, with a non-profit activity and is recognized as being of public utility.
The main directions are:
• To promote cooperation within the field of Engineering in Romania, in the European Countries and in other countries so as to ensure concentration of efforts in the resolution of technical, economical and social problems by the development of R&D activities
• To promote engineering education in accordance with the scientific progresses, better education and new skills, to increase the youth attractiveness for the engineering activities, physics and mathematics.
• To promote the understanding of new technologies among the authorities and the public to the benefit of society and industrial development in Romania.
• To promote some permanent contacts with the economic industrial sector, to increase the contribution of non-academic environment to the industrial development of Romania.
• The preservations of Romanian’s engineering heritage, contributions to the scientific world's treasure.
• To build international relations in developing bi and multilateral projects, an active participation in the R&D European Programs.
• To support innovation and facilitate the transfer of technology, and understanding the role of engineering sciences as driver of the society.
• To support technical publication, organizing events and awards for scientifically outstanding work in the field of Engineering Sciences.